This is just to remind you that the first event of the Cross Country year is coming up on Saturday the 26th of October. Make sure to turn up at South Parks at 12 p.m. for women and 12:45 p.m. for men for what promises to be a really fun and exciting race!
As mentioned in the last e-mail, no minimum level of ability is required and everyone who comes wins points for their college, so bring along all your friends!
For those of you dreaming of Blues glory, this is the first selection race of the year, so make sure to come!
– wear appropriate clothing for the weather on the day
– show up with enough time to register and warm up
– if you have cross country spikes, bring them (9 mm spikes would be ideal, but you’ll be able to race with any running shoes)
– check the race course.
Also, come along for the pub crawl in the evening – meet at The Lamb and Flag on St Giles at 7.30 p.m..
See you on Saturday!
- REST FOR 30 SECONDS AFTER EXERCISES 3 & 6
- STRIDE 100m BETWEEN EACH EXERCISE
- SHUTTLE RUN IS 10m/20m x 2
- AFTER EXERCISE 9 JOG A WHOLE LAP (1000m) AND THEN REPEAT
- NUMBER OF EXERCISE AT EACH ACTIVITY AND NUMBER OF CIRCUITS DEPENDS ON THE ATHLETES AGE AND FITNESS.
1. Side bend
2. Can can clapping underneath
3. High jumps with knees up
7. Elbows to shoulder height and twist body
8. High knees on spot